Saturday 10 November 2012

Creating the vigilante's mask aka "Dahlia's" mask

Creating the vigilante's mask aka "Dahlia's" mask





To create the mask here was a list of materials and resources I used to develop the piece of costume

2 pairs of tights
  • 1 black
  • 1 cream
Scissors
Hot water
Ink pen
Paint brush

To create the mask I used these Steps below
  • Step 1:   First I tied a knot at the top of the tights
  • Step 2:  I then cut  off the leg parts of the tights. This made it look like a mask rather than a hat with two legs attached.
  • Step 3: I then put on the black tights  first on my head and then place the cream one on top of  the black tights  which masked my human features and identity thus creating an inhuman like figure - a desired effect for my character.
  • Step 4: I made a small marking on my face- this will determine where I will draw the mask's T like design.
  •  Step 5: Using an ink pen I started to draw the mask's design onto the tights.
  • Step 6: I then painted over the design using hot water to allow the ink to bleed and give the mask a distorted feel to it. I feel that by doing this I make this character more of a gritty type of hero as described in the "Backstories behind our two main protagonists" post.

Below is a slide documenting the process visually 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like the background ?